State Treasurer Shane Osborn cares about you and your privacy while visiting this site. Please read the following statements regarding what information we gather while you utilize our site and how that information is kept. Please never hesitate to contact our office if you have questions regarding your privacy on this web site.
What We Do
- We do detect your browser type for the purpose of directing you to a version of our site specifically designed with your browser in mind.
- We do receive, and in some instances keep, email addresses related to unclaimed property, the Nebraska College Savings Plan, general state government questions and problems with the web site. We will store your email address only as long as it takes for us to answer your query, unless we feel we need to contact you at a later date (e.g. we will store your email address for purposes of contacting you regarding the Nebraska College Savings Plan).
- We do periodically review our web server logs and produce reports that give us the number of visits a page receives over a certain period of time. We do this to gage the response each page is receiving and to evaluate changes we may make.
What We Don't Do
- We do not permanently store "cookies" on your computer from any page under childsupport.nebraska.gov.
- We absolutely will not sell, rent or give away email addresses or other personal information received electronically to any business, person or other state agency unless directed to by a court order.
- We do not routinely check what pages you are specifically visiting or which searches you are making on our site. Tracking will only be done for statistical purposes.
- We do not intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 18. If information has been sent by a minor and his/her parents wish to have that information purged, please contact our office and we will be happy to do so.